DIRECTED BY - Quino Pinero
IndiePix Screening Kits allow institutions of learning to screen this film with public performance rights.
If you go out around music bars and venues in Addis Ababa, you will enjoy a very characteristic scene, but if you want to get an idea of the different sounds from the country, you will get a very narrow view of it. There are more than eighty different nationalities and cultures spread all along the mountains, deserts and forests of Ethiopia. In order to unveil the music universe and keep a record of this endangered music tradition, we spent two years performing field recordings around every corner of Ethiopia, documented in this audiovisual poem.
RATING - Not Rated
YEAR - 2015
FORMAT - DVD Region 1
- Africa World Documentary Film Festival 2016 (Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago)
- Antropofest 2016 (Praha)
- iREP International Documentary Film Festival 2016 (Lagos)
- Rotterdam International Film Festival 2016 (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Athens Ethnofest 2015 (Athens, Greece)
- Aurora 2015 (Budapest)
- Marburg International Film Festival 2015 (Marburg)
- Washington DC International Film Festival 2015 (Washington DC)
- WOMEX 2015 (Budapest)
"A MAGICAL, MUSICAL ROAD MOVIE"- Whatsonafrica.org