A Life Among Whales (ON DEMAND)
DIRECTED BY - Bill Haney
IndiePix Price: $1.99
RUNTIME - 57 minutes
YEAR - 2005
LANGUAGE - English
ATTRIBUTES - Widescreen
SPECIAL FEATURES -
Interview with Roger Payne and Director Bill Haney, A Look Into Roger Payne's Ocean Alliance, "NRDC's Lethal Sounds" Narrated by Pierce Brosnan, IFAW's 2008 Whale Campaign Video, Trailer and more!
A fascinating exploration into the life and work of whale biologist and activist Roger Payne.
Weaving together natural information on whales and biography, Billy Haney was able to created a riveting film, A Life Among Whales. A Life Among Whales delves deeply into the unique relationship between humans and whales, it also shows whale hunting facts. A Life Among Whales allows people to contemplate, should whale hunting be banned? This story is told by renowned whale biologist and activist Dr. Roger Payne. For four decades Dr. Payne has advanced the boundaries of science and activism to ensure that in saving whales we humans can learn more about studying ocean animals facts.
- Delray Beach Film Festival 2006 (Delray Beach, United States)
- Environmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capital 2006 (Washington D.C., United States)
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival 2006 (Hot Springs, United States)
- OceanPlanet Film Festival 2006 (Mystic, United States)
- Our Island, Our World Film Festival 2006 (Salt Spring Island, United States)
- Rhode Island International Film Festival 2006 (Newport, United States)
- San Francisco Ocean Film Festival 2006 (San Francisco, United States)
- Toronto International Environmental Film Festival 2006 (Toronto, Canada)
- American Conservation Film Festival 2005 (Shepherdstown, United States)
- Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival 2005 (Jackson Hole, United States)
- Ben & Jerry's Environmental Award (Winner)
2006 Vermont International Film Festival (Burlington, United States)
- Best Cinematography Award (Winner)
2005 United Nations Association Film Festival (Stanford, United States)
- Best Film & Video (Winner)
2006 WorldFest International Film Festival (Houston)
- Best Oceans/Water Film (Winner)
2005 EarthVision Environmental Film Festival (Santa Cruz, United States)
- Best of Festival List (Winner)
2006 Hazel Wolf Environmental Film Festival (Seattle, United States)
- Best Sea Conservation Film (Winner)
2006 International Life Film Festival (United States)
"This is a splendid film."
-Henry Lee, Director, Environmental & Natural Resources Program, Harvard University
"Paynes story is a remarkable one...boasting gorgeous cinematography, this festival award-winner is definitely recommended."
- Video Librarian
"Exquisite visuals...confronts a global query, Can a single individual change the world?"
That Marketable Whale Real Estatewritten by wesley on Jun 21st, 2011read all my reviews
this review is from: A Life Among Whales (ON DEMAND)
Life Among Whales achieves everything it set out to and does so with a great formula. With just the right among of graphic scenes, scientific information, thought-provoking arguments, and general tape of actual whales this documentary sings beautifully on the idea of saving this great species.
The narration was excellent and while listening you felt a genuine attachment to whale-kind that in turn makes you (the audience) want to engage in that attachment.
Overall, again, this film achieves everything. I will be looking more into what I myself can do to help this cause after viewing this film.